Jonathan Erlich teamed up with South Africa’s Kevin Anderson to defeat Matthew Barton (AUS) and John Millman (AUS) 6-1 6-7 6-3 and move in the third round of the doubles competition. Photos: Peter Haskin
Australian Open 2013, Day 6.
A memorial service was held at the Beth Weizmann Community Centre for murdered Israeli teenagers Naftali Frenkel, Gilad Shaar and
Melbourne communal event. More than 600 people attended prayers at Caulfield Shul to show solidarity for the three kidnapped Israeli
Sydney communal event. More than 500 people attended a meeting at the Moriah College auditorium to show solidarity for the
Temple Beth Israel hosted the inaugural Sacred Music Concert - An Interfaith Celebration. Photos: Peter Haskin [nggallery
Comments are closed.
- Five more soldiers killed bringing total IDF casualties to 53
- War of words with Kerry continues
- Bibi: “This has been a difficult and painful day” as 5 IDF soldiers killed
- Alhadeff steps down from CRC Chair
- AUJS remembering 6 million
- Recognition for medical experts
- PA blasts Kerry for ‘appeasing’ Qatar as death toll rises on both sides
- Brill-iant at Buller Cup
- Young Warriors look to the future
- Obama and UN officially calls for unconditional cease-fire
Good luck to our own rising star Steve Solomon who'll compete in the men's 400m track semi-final at #glasgow2014. The race is at 5.05 AEST.
AUJS remembering 6 million http://ow.ly/zGu4M
Recognition for medical experts http://ow.ly/zGu2Q
Overnight updates from Israel: Bibi talks about the tough days of war; 5 IDF soldiers killed; Hamas and Israel blame each other for the death of 10 Palestinians at a refugee camp
WIN a double A-reserve pass to the ACO at Sydney's Great Synagogue
More thoughts on 60 Minutes … #60Mins
1) We were treated to interviews with the family of the Palestinian boy murdered and told how they see the occupation. Where were the interviews with the families of the three Israeli boys murdered, or indeed any Israeli who has been subjected to a terrorist attack, or who lives under the threat of rocket fire?
2) Why no mention that since Israel withdrew from Gaza and gave the Palestinians there a chance for self-determination, they chose instead to wage a relentless war against Israel, firing rockets at innocent Israelis for the past several years.
3) Why no mention of the fact that Israel has time and again been prepared to give up huge swathes of the West Bank in a bid for peace, but this has been rejected each time?
4) Why highlight the settlement barrier without reminding viewers it was built to prevent the suicide bomb attacks that claimed hundreds of lives during the Second Intifada - and has succeeded in doing so?
5) Why not tell viewers that Hamas's charter calls for the destruction of Israel? That Hamas no interest in 'land for peace'. Land is not the issue. They want to destroy Israel, pure and simple.
6) What nonsense is it to claim Israel was carved out between two Palestinian territories ... errrr .... no. Basic history ignored. Ottoman Empire, Balfour Declaration, Mandates, Partition, Egypt, Jordan, various wars ... those are what created the territories that exist today, not Israel being carved out between them.
7) Why say the conflict began with the murder of the teenage boys, when terrorists in Gaza were firing rockets at Israel long before that?
8) Why no mention of Hamas using human shields, using residential properties, hospitals and schools as bases in which store arms and from which they fire rockets?
9) In short, yes, what is happening is tragic, but this show ignored basic facts.
60 Minutes decided the following facts were not worth telling viewers: #60Mins
1) In its own #extraminutes Langdon said the majority want a 2-state solution, but only 1 of Langdon's 4 interview subjects shared that view.
2) Langdon didn't tell the Australian public that Hamas is listed as a terrorist organisation by our own Australian government.
3) Langdon didn't tell the Australian public that Israel has accepted 4 cease fire agreements and Hamas has continued to fire rockets every time.
4) Langdon didn't mention that hundreds of rockets were fired from Gaza before the kids were kidnapped and killed.
5) Langdon forgot to tell the Australian public that 9 years ago Israel forced all Jews to leave gaza and gave control of the Gaza Strip to The Palestinians.
6) The UN stated this week that Hamas keeps rockets in schools, next to displaced person centres with more than 3000 innocent civilians.
These are all basic facts.
Melbourne Shabbat times: Light candles at 5.09pm, Shabbat ends at 6.09pm.
Sydney Shabbat times: Light candles at 4.52pm, Shabbat ends at 5.50pm.
The Australian Jewish News on air, every Thursday at 11am with national editor Zeddy Lawrence.
Listen to this week's show here: http://ow.ly/zyTsL
Shimon Peres exits Israel political stage http://ow.ly/zyVvq
A huge Mazel Tov to our own Emanuel School graduate Amy Meyer (far right), who won a bronze medal in Judu at the Commonwealth Games last night! Read all about it in next week's AJN
The Australian Jewish News shared Adina's photo.
Good luck Adina! http://www.jewishnews.net.au/family-first-for-adina/36462
The fog of the blog http://ow.ly/zwbic
Family first for Adina #TheVoiceKidsAu http://ow.ly/zw7Og
Sydney prays for Israel http://ow.ly/zw8jz