A commemorative shloshim service was held at St Kilda Hebrew Congregation to mark 30 days since the passing of Sir Zelman Cowen. Photos: Peter Haskin
Sir Zelman remembered
A memorial service was held at the Beth Weizmann Community Centre for murdered Israeli teenagers Naftali Frenkel, Gilad Shaar and
Melbourne communal event. More than 600 people attended prayers at Caulfield Shul to show solidarity for the three kidnapped Israeli
Sydney communal event. More than 500 people attended a meeting at the Moriah College auditorium to show solidarity for the
Temple Beth Israel hosted the inaugural Sacred Music Concert - An Interfaith Celebration. Photos: Peter Haskin [nggallery
Comments are closed.
- Media disgrace
- Win a double in-season pass to Magic in the Moonlight
- Win a double pass to The King and I
- Win tickets to Rolling Thunder Vietnam
- ‘Zionist scum’ daubed on Perth Jewish school
- SMH slammed over ‘anti-Semitic’ cartoon
- Variety of festival films
- Rockets found in UNRWA school for a third time
- Rocket barrage continues towards Beersheba and Tel Aviv
- Five more soldiers killed bringing total IDF casualties to 53
This is another reminder to please comment with respect or your post will be deleted and you will be banned, which does not help you put your view forward to others. Personal attacks and incitement of hatred against anyone will not be tolerated.
‘Zionist scum’ daubed on Perth Jewish school http://ow.ly/zM0i0
"We have not, and will not,..." on their own photo.
Media disgrace http://ow.ly/zM0dt #60Mins
Fanning the flames of hatred: pick up a copy of The Australian Jewish News, out today.
60 Minutes responds: #60Mins
When asked by The AJN why it didn't tell viewers that according to the United Nations, Hamas puts rockets in schools next to evacuation centres, 60 Minutes executive producer Tom Malone said "60 Minutes does not bore viewers with established and undisputed facts". Simply baffling - more in tomorrow's edition of The AJN
The UN has found rockets in a school in Gaza for the third time. The innocent civilians and institutions in Gaza are being used by Hamas as shields against Israel.
Overnight update from Israel: Rocket barrage continues towards Beersheba and Tel Aviv
Good luck to our own rising star Steve Solomon who'll compete in the men's 400m track semi-final at #glasgow2014. The race is at 5.05 AEST.
AUJS remembering 6 million http://ow.ly/zGu4M
Recognition for medical experts http://ow.ly/zGu2Q
Overnight updates from Israel: Bibi talks about the tough days of war; 5 IDF soldiers killed; Hamas and Israel blame each other for the death of 10 Palestinians at a refugee camp
WIN a double A-reserve pass to the ACO at Sydney's Great Synagogue
More thoughts on 60 Minutes … #60Mins
1) We were treated to interviews with the family of the Palestinian boy murdered and told how they see the occupation. Where were the interviews with the families of the three Israeli boys murdered, or indeed any Israeli who has been subjected to a terrorist attack, or who lives under the threat of rocket fire?
2) Why no mention that since Israel withdrew from Gaza and gave the Palestinians there a chance for self-determination, they chose instead to wage a relentless war against Israel, firing rockets at innocent Israelis for the past several years.
3) Why no mention of the fact that Israel has time and again been prepared to give up huge swathes of the West Bank in a bid for peace, but this has been rejected each time?
4) Why highlight the settlement barrier without reminding viewers it was built to prevent the suicide bomb attacks that claimed hundreds of lives during the Second Intifada - and has succeeded in doing so?
5) Why not tell viewers that Hamas's charter calls for the destruction of Israel? That Hamas no interest in 'land for peace'. Land is not the issue. They want to destroy Israel, pure and simple.
6) What nonsense is it to claim Israel was carved out between two Palestinian territories ... errrr .... no. Basic history ignored. Ottoman Empire, Balfour Declaration, Mandates, Partition, Egypt, Jordan, various wars ... those are what created the territories that exist today, not Israel being carved out between them.
7) Why say the conflict began with the murder of the teenage boys, when terrorists in Gaza were firing rockets at Israel long before that?
8) Why no mention of Hamas using human shields, using residential properties, hospitals and schools as bases in which store arms and from which they fire rockets?
9) In short, yes, what is happening is tragic, but this show ignored basic facts.